Re: Cross-building GuixSD (and maybe using pre-built toolchains)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Cross-building GuixSD (and maybe using pre-built toolchains)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 22:08:12 +0200

Hi David,

David Craven <address@hidden> skribis:

> So one issue that happens when cross building is for things that have
> the #:no-substitutes #t enabled. This is mainly found in service
> derivations for generating configuration files.

I think there’s currently no easy way to cross build a full GuixSD
anyway, like ‘guix system build --target=mips64el-linux-gnu’ (the
--target flag doesn’t exist yet).  Or did you experiment in this area?

I’d be curious.  It’s designed to allow this (in particular because
gexps are cross-compilation-aware), but I’ve never tried.

Ludo’.