Re: .xinitrc ignored

From: ng0
Subject: Re: .xinitrc ignored
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 19:58:00 +0000

Hi,

gno <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello guys !
>
> First off, guix is great, even if it takes quite some time to get used
> to :)
>
> I made it work in no time and am now running guixsd (lightweight
> desktop setup with awesome). I'd like to keep at it but I do need to
> solve 2 problems first. I was asking around in #guix and was referred
> to this email add.
>
> Is there any way to make it respect .xinitrc, preferrably when slim
> starts ? I use a diy keyboard with a custom xmodmap that needs to be
> loaded. I tried all kinds of things with ~ and
> root; .xinitrc, .xserverrc, .xsession (crashed w/o logs).
>
> Also, unfortunately awesome-wm is quite dated. I'd like to update it so
> that it is compatible with my config. There have been quite a few API
> changes. Is it feasible to try and package a newer version myself or
> did you not do it already because of missing dependencies or other
> complications ?

I ran into complications when I first started to work on awesome-wm,
then someone else packaged the older version of awesome-wm which just
worked. I will search my patch, rebase, comment it, send to the
guix-devel list (address@hidden) and you can bring it to a working
state if you like to? Additional help you can get from other
contributors if this is your first patch.

--
ng0
For non-prism friendly talk find me on http://www.psyced.org