Re: Reverse dependencies

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Reverse dependencies
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 11:27:40 +0200

Hello,

> I think you mean inkscape is pulled when you build the system.  Then you
> will not find it like this.  It is needed to build the fancy grub image,
> and it is "pulled" by the system building code (specifically by
> 'svg->png' procedure in (gnu system grub) module).  If you want to avoid
> it, you can specify an "empty" theme for example:
>
>   (bootloader (grub-configuration (device "/dev/sda")
>                                   (theme (grub-theme))))

Thanks for that information, that was what I wanted to know (both the where
does it come from, and the how to avoid it being pulled in)

I think a "guix revdep $PKG" should be a valuable tool

it should work:
1 - globally in the list of defined packages
2 - locally in the list of packages from the current user's profile
3 - systemly, from the list of installed packages in the system profile

I'm trying Eric's suggestion (thanks Eric), and that seems to do 1, I need
a way to modify it to do the other 2... (see the attached script)

WDYT ?

--
Vincent Legoll