no patch applies

From: Catonano
Subject: no patch applies
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 05:28:58 +0200

this is not specific to Guix, but because applying patches is central in the Guix workflow, I argue I can ask here

Erik Edrosa sent a patch to the dev list containing a very cute Guile Scheme package he made

I attempted to apply the patch onto a fresh Guix master and the patch does not apply, I don't know why

I also attempted to apply ng0's patches related to gnunet, they don't apply either.

Doesn't any patch apply ? Why ?