Re: Newbie packagers

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Newbie packagers
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 09:13:14 +0200

Just to see if I understood properly...

In the hello.scm example, there is :

(arguments `(#:configure-flags '("--enable-silent-rules")))

1 - can the quasiquote be replaced by a regular quote, because
unquote is not used ?

I'd guess yes, now I'll try it... <later>

So, it seems like we can change the quasiquote to a simple quote.

A question remains, why do the configure flags need to be a quoted list ?

Is it because it could be a function call evaluated by the gnu-build-system
which has to return a list of strings ?

That would mean the following should work:

(arguments `(#:configure-flags (lambda () (list "--enable-silent-rules"))))

--
Vincent Legoll