Re: build logs

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: build logs
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 13:32:02 +0200

Hello!

Vincent Legoll <address@hidden> skribis:

> I am currently building kernel during guix system reconfigure,
> is there a way to get the complete build log ?
>
> I tried guix build --log-file linux-libre but that gives me
> https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/log/wkdnd1dcgljr0jxmd3li8j0qsr2zwrci-linux-libre-4.6.4
>
> which is the build log for the currently installed kernel (I think)...

You need to pass ‘guix build --log-file’ “something” that identifies the
right kernel.

So, since you’re running ‘guix system reconfigure’ as root, you must run
‘guix build --log-file linux-libre’ as root as well (assuming you’re
using the unmodified ‘linux-libre’ package), to make sure ‘guix build’
sees the exact same ‘linux-libre’ package as ‘guix system’.

HTH!

Ludo’.