Re: 'guix system vm' questions

From: myglc2
Subject: Re: 'guix system vm' questions
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 12:17:29 -0400

David Craven <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
>> From: myglc2 <address@hidden>
>>
>> David Craven <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> So I packaged rng-tools and created a shepherd service, but I realized
>>> that the service needs to be started before the activation part of the
>>> lsh service. What's the best way to do this?
>>>
>>> https://git.lysator.liu.se/lsh/lsh/blob/master/src/lsh-make-seed.c#L1075

>> This sounds great. I see you submitted patches. Am I correct in thinking
>> that the next step is to add an lsh-option option that uses rmg-tools
>> instead of lsh-make-seed to set the yarrow seed?
>>
> @myglc2 the simplest workaround to this issue is to add -device
> virtio-rng-pci to your qemu flags ...

Thanks, that works but ...

> ... and patch lsh to use /dev/hwrng in the /bin/lsh-make-seed file I
> linked to in a previous reply.

... I don't follow this. Are you referring to the posts above?

I have your "b58cbf9 * services: Add rngd-service."  patch. Is the idea
to add entropy so we don't need to bang on the keyboard? Or is an
additional patch required/in the pipeline/a self help item?

Thanks - George