Re: Not booting

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Not booting
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 10:42:13 +0300

Kete Foy (2016-06-22 18:41 +0300) wrote:

> Alex Kost:
>> Perhaps the bootloader device you wrote does not exist.  Could you paste
>> your config?  Also did you maybe use "--no-grub" option (for "guix
>> system") and configured your grub manually?
>>
> Thanks, the config is attached.
> I used lsblk to make sure the device label was correct.

OK, just to make sure could you also look if this gives your "rootfs"
label:

  # e2label /dev/sdaN

> The message I got was, "error: file '/vmlinuz' not found
> "Failed to boot both default and fallback entries"

I realized that this error doesn't make sense: there is no any "vmlinuz"
in GuixSD.  IIUC this error appears after grub tried to boot one of its
entries, right?  What is the name of this grub entry?

I have a feeling that you see an error from a grub that wasn't installed
by guix.  My guess is: it tries to load some other distro and doesn't
find its kernel (which is called "vmlinuz").

Probably the grub wasn't installed by GuixSD, and an old grub (from a
previous distro) left.  Did you see any error during "guix system init"?

--
Alex