Re: GUIX_LOCPATH problems with guix on gentoo

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: GUIX_LOCPATH problems with guix on gentoo
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 09:45:12 +0200

Hi,

I found it very hard to read this email, because there are so many
non-essential things pasted in the body :-/

I hope I didn't miss anything important while I paged through your
email, but one thing stood out to:

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

>     python: stdout/stderr:     import json
>
>       perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("Cpython:
> stdout/stderr:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 108, in
> <module>
>     python: stdout/stderr:     from .decoder import JSONDecoder
>     python: stdout/stderr:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line
> 5, in <module>
>     python: stdout/stderr:     import struct
>     python: stdout/stderr:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/struct.py", line 1, in
> <module>
>     python: stdout/stderr:     from _struct import *
>     python: stdout/stderr: ImportError:
> /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_struct.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicode

That's not okay.  You cannot mix Python from your system with Python
from Guix.  Do you have system stuff on your PYTHONPATH?  Do you have
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set?  Guix packages should never use system libraries.

~~ Ricardo