Re: some code

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: some code
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 19:56:43 +0200

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Catonano <address@hidden> wrote:
> There's a piece of code (in the Emacs build system) I don't understand
>
> In "guix/build-system/emacs.scm" on line 97 there's a call to a function
> called "emacs-build"

That's not a procedure call, actually, because the entire form is
quoted starting on line 95.

Ouch ! My bad !

This code is generating a Guile script
that will be used by guix-daemon to build an Emacs package.  The
"emacs-build" referenced within is actually the procedure found in
(guix build emacs-build-system).

Ah !

> Also what's with that "define*" ? Is there a manual page describing it ? I
> couldn't find it

See section 6.9.4.1 of the Guile manual:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/lambda_002a-and-define_002a.html#lambda_002a-and-define_002a

Hope this helps,

- Dave

Thanks