Question about package environment variables

From: Matthew Jordan
Subject: Question about package environment variables
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 14:24:13 -0400

Good Day everyone,

I would like to know is it possible to set any environment variable to
any value from guix package.  The usecase I am thinking of is for a
project. Let's say you had a guix package file to automate and document
project dependencies.

Let's say I wanted to declare a variable in project package file so that
"eval `guix environment --search-paths ...`" would set up the
environment with the needed variables plus the ones I wanted.

Example environment variable;

export MSG='Hello world!'

Thanks in advance for any help or info.

Sincerely,