Re: environment --container not working after upgrading Ubuntu

From: Ben Woodcroft
Subject: Re: environment --container not working after upgrading Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 09:32:29 +1000

On 01/05/16 22:17, Thompson, David wrote:
On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Ben Woodcroft <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I upgraded to the just-released Ubuntu Xenial yesterday, seems nice and
snappy. The only issue I've had with it so far is that 'guix environment
--container' run from a git checkout doesn't work. There's no error given,
it simply exits:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix environment --container coreutils
[..]
$ echo $?
1

Any ideas on debugging this? I tried 'make clean; make'. My daemon is a
little out of date, but it was working before the upgrade.
Could you prefix that command with 'strace -f -o /tmp/container.log'
and send the generated log file?  This way we'll see the system calls
that are failing.

OK, attached. My guess from that is that it may be due to my also updating my ~/.guix-profile recently, come to think of it.

Should I re-configure? I would go ahead, but want to check in case this is a valuable test case.

ta.