Re: Guix unmounted my /home, while -i hello

From: Louis
Subject: Re: Guix unmounted my /home, while -i hello
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 23:39:15 +0100

Hello Andreas,

Yes, I have tried it again, and it happened again, on the
second time I have sent a bug. It looks to me dangerous to
try it third time.

I have seen in Guix manual, for system user options, how
such users would be restored regardless if adduser changes,
upon system boot.

That is much similar to what happened.

My cryptsetup partition is not mounted by system. I mount it by
hand, as root, then I log in as user, and get new /home

My guess is that during guix package installation, something
is happening that is mounting my system distributions, by
default.

Let me make a summary to understand it:

- I boot into lightdm
- my /home is on /dev/sda7
- mount not LUKS but simple cryptsetup partition
- it is mounted as /home from /dev/sda8
- I enter as use
- I proceed to use -i hello for example
- suddenly the package downloading and processing stops
- first time it stopped at one point of software processing,
- second time at other point, that I have shown you on pastebin
- at that point guix installation of -i hello breaks
- everything breaks
- my /home is visible only on /dev/sda7 as originaly
- /dev/mapper/protected is still there
- I cannot log out normally,
- but as root from console: /etc/init.d/lightdm restart
- mount again /dev/mapper/protected /home
- I can use it