Re: Questions about "guix pull"

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Questions about "guix pull"
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 19:26:52 +0100

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 12:05:03PM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> In "guix on a foreign distro (aka not GuixSD)" /usr/bin/local/guix is a
> symlink to root's copy of guix.

This is a somewhat strong wording; it depends on how root has installed
guix in the first place. I think the approach you hint at is recommended
by the manual. Personally I do a "make install" on my git checkout and have
/usr/local/bin/guix point to $PREFIX/bin/guix, where $PREFIX is what I gave
when doing "./configure --prefix=$PREFIX" for guix.

Andreas