Re: Setting up plug and print on GuixSD?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Setting up plug and print on GuixSD?
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 14:43:36 +0100

address@hidden skribis:

> I installed cups and xfce. What more do I need?

For printers available on the network as in a typical “enterprise”
setup, nothing more: the “print” dialog in Evince and similar tools will
discover it and do the right thing.

> In
> https://gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Services.html#Services
> I did not find a service declaration for CUPS.
>
> What is the next step?

For a locally-connected printer you’ll certainly need a CUPS daemon
running, indeed.  I’m not sure exactly what it takes, but it would
clearly be a worthwhile addition!

Ludo’.