Re: guixsd on macbook

From: rennes
Subject: Re: guixsd on macbook
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 18:22:53 +0100

On 2016-01-29 09:46, Alex Kost wrote:
address@hidden (2016-01-29 05:32 +0300) wrote:

hi,

On 2016-01-22 00:13, Alex Kost wrote:
address@hidden (2016-01-22 00:39 +0300) wrote:

On 2016-01-20 16:47, address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

address@hidden skribis:

I've finished installing correctly GuixSD on macbook. There are some
issue with touchpad.

If anyone has problems with the keyboard when boot guixsd, fix with
the following commands:

rmmod usbhid
rmmod usbkbd

or use an external usb keyboard.

Interesting! We were discussing this at <http://bugs.gnu.org/20433>,
and it seems that only ‘usbkbd’ was at fault.

Could you check if removing ‘usbkbd’ alone is enough?

I would expect ‘usbhid’ to be required since the internal keyboard
appears to be a USB device.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Hi Ludo,

is correct, removing 'usbkbd'.

I only use 'rmmod usbhid' to reload the module of the internal
keyboard.

i test configuring from the scratch the machine and it´s working:

(operating-system
  (host-name "antelope")
  (timezone "Europe/Paris")
  (locale "en_US.UTF-8")
  (kernel-arguments '("modprobe.blacklist=usbkbd"))

if i reconfigure:

  sudo guix system reconfigure /path/to/configuration.scm

is not working.

Did you do "guix pull" before reconfiguring?  Support for
"modprobe.blacklist" arguments was added several days ago, so you need
to have a recent guix code.

apologies for my late reply, i test run "guix pull" before
reconfiguring, and its don`t working.

Since a system is configured from root, you also need to run "guix pull"
as root.  Did you do it, did you just run "guix pull" from your user?

Thanks Alex,

now works!.