Re: Kernel panic while installing GuixSD

From: Kabelo Moiloa
Subject: Re: Kernel panic while installing GuixSD
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 00:13:50 +0200

I concatenated "--repl" on the linux line p, and still got the same kernel panic.

On Thursday, 28 January 2016, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
Kabelo Moiloa <address@hidden> skribis:

> Okay, using a VirtualBox VM, I obtained the following error message before
> the VFS one:
> No filesystem could mount root, tries ext3 ext2 ext4 vfat

I don’t know where this message comes from; there’s no such error
message in Guix.

Could you type ‘e’ from the GRUB menu, and add “--repl” on the ‘linux’
line, then type Ctrl-X?

That should give you a Guile prompt.  From there can you type:

  ,use (gnu build file-systems)

  (disk-partitions)

  (find-partition-by-label "gnu-disk-image")

and send us what the last two lines return?

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.