Re: Kernel panic while installing GuixSD

From: Kabelo Moiloa
Subject: Re: Kernel panic while installing GuixSD
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 18:36:16 +0000

Okay, using a VirtualBox VM, I obtained the following error message before the VFS one:
No filesystem could mount root, tries ext3 ext2 ext4 vfat
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 at 7:59 PM, Kabelo Moiloa <address@hidden> wrote:
Could you elaborate, do you want me to write down the call trace? The last things to be displayed for me are the call trace, some quartets of hexadecimal numbers, and the hardware name.
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 at 4:04 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Kabelo Moiloa <address@hidden> skribis:

> I copied the installation image onto my USB flash drive. When I tried to
> boot it, I got the following kernel panic.:
> kernel panic-not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown block
> (0,1).

Could you report the error messages that show up before that one?

It seems that the initialization code failed to locate the device that
contains the installation image.

TIA,
Ludo’.