Re: First ever GSL Technical Report (ALFs)

From: Mirko Vukovic
Subject: Re: First ever GSL Technical Report (ALFs)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:41:38 -0500

Patrick,

Regarding publishing ... I am not an expert in numerical analysis and
literature, so my comments may be off here. Still,

In your memory layout and access optimization section  (Section 5) you do
not cite any prior literature on this technique applied to Legendre
Polynomial evaluation.

This suggests that your approach is novel and therefore merits publication.

Thanks (for reading this, and for writing the very nice report)

Mirko