Re: GSL support for iOS

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: GSL support for iOS
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 23:25:50 +1000

Hi all,

On 2/3/21 10:50 pm, Mohammad Akhlaghi wrote:
Hi all,

On 3/2/21 12:32 PM, Peter Johansson wrote:

Can I run my own apps on iOS without going through app store because I thought app store was not compatible with GNU GPL?

You can run GSL on macOS.

The question was about iOS, which is used on iPhones and iPads, not macOS used on mac computers.

Cheers,

Peter

I don't use macOS myself, but I know many who are actively using GSL on a macOS.

As far as I have heard from them, you need to install something called Xcode. You will then have a compiler and command-line features like any other Unix-based OS. You can then either build the software from source into common locations (like '/usr/local'), or use package managers like Homebrew or Anaconda.

Cheers,
Mohammad