Re: Compling Error gsu 2.6

From: Mark Galassi
Subject: Re: Compling Error gsu 2.6
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 08:10:29 -0600

Dear Benedict,

You do not mention what operating system you are on, and you don't say
very much about what path you installed to.  So there might be the need
for a bit more, but you should be able to use the instructions here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/doc/html/usage.html#compiling-and-linking

I note that you did a single instruction to compile and link, while the
documentation shows separate ones.  That means that you should put the
link instructions in your single command.  You could try:

g++ -I ../gsl-2.6 blub.cpp -o blub -L../gsl-2.6/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm

Note that I made the guess that your libraries were installed in
../gsl-2.6/lib, but I really don't know if that's where they are.  You
should use the -L option to point to where files like libgsl.so and
libgslcblas.so are located.