EVEmodel.c:8:26: fatal error: gsl/gsl_math.h: No such file or directory

From: Macknight, Nicholas James
Subject: EVEmodel.c:8:26: fatal error: gsl/gsl_math.h: No such file or directory
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 21:30:09 +0000

Hello,
I am on a MacBook air operating through a Linux based server.

I am attempting to run:

gcc EVEmodel.c -o EVEmodel -O3 probabilityfunctions.c treefunctions.c
regimefunctions.c myio.c mystat.c bfgs.c -D GSL_RANGE_CHECK_OFF -lm -lgsl
-lgslcblas

For EVE phylogenetic ANOVA. I had installed gsl-2.6 and put it in the same
working directory as the .c files in my code above. When I run the code I get
the following error:

EVEmodel.c:8:26: fatal error: gsl/gsl_math.h: No such file or directory

 #include <gsl/gsl_math.h>

                          ^

compilation terminated.

probabilityfunctions.c:6:26: fatal error: gsl/gsl_math.h: No such file or
directory

 #include <gsl/gsl_math.h>

                          ^

compilation terminated.

In file included from treefunctions.c:11:0:

myio.h:2:28: fatal error: gsl/gsl_matrix.h: No such file or directory

 #include <gsl/gsl_matrix.h>

                            ^

compilation terminated.

regimefunctions.c:4:26: fatal error: gsl/gsl_math.h: No such file or directory

 #include <gsl/gsl_math.h>

                          ^

compilation terminated.

myio.c:2:28: fatal error: gsl/gsl_matrix.h: No such file or directory

 #include <gsl/gsl_matrix.h>

                            ^

compilation terminated.

In file included from mystat.c:8:0:

myio.h:2:28: fatal error: gsl/gsl_matrix.h: No such file or directory

 #include <gsl/gsl_matrix.h>

                            ^

compilation terminated.

I have specified the path so it is looking in the gsl folder, the .c scripts
already contain "#include <gsl/gsl_matrix.h>". I am not sure what is causing
this fatal error. Any thoughts or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Nick MacKnight

Ph.D. Candidate

The University of Texas at Arlington