[Help-gsl] fread error help

From: Damian Kulec
Subject: [Help-gsl] fread error help
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 12:07:49 -0400

Hi,

I've downloaded the GNU library because i need to do some matrix arithmetic
for a program I am writing. First I need to read in a preexisting binary
file which I then need to process.

The issue occurs when I call gsl_matrix_fread. Debugging the issue simply
points me to  ..\block\fwrite_source.c:64, where I get the warning: "ERROR:
fread failed. Default GSL error handler invoked". I've gone through the GNU
documentation and any forum I was able to find online referencing this
specific error. I followed the documentation and the example provided, but
to no avail.

The answers I found on the forums were more useless. One answer said to
"close the pointer to the file after opening it", but that just gave me
another error: Expression: fh >= 0 && (unsigned)fh < (unsigned)_nhandle.
Other solutions directed me to make sure I opened the file specifying that
it's "read-only" and "binary", which I already have done. I can't figure
out why this function is not working for me.

Please let me know how to solve this.

Thank you,
Damian