Re: [Help-gsl] Fwd: Modifying adaptive integration function

From: lostbits
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Fwd: Modifying adaptive integration function
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 11:17:47 -0700

On 5/10/2018 8:08 AM, Patrick Alken wrote:
On 05/10/2018 04:18 AM, Francesco Florian wrote:
Hello!
Since I have received no answer, I wonder whether this is the right mailing list for this question. If it is not, can you please point me to the right one?
Thank you

Hello,

  What exactly are you trying to do that QAG cannot? Perhaps there is an alternate way without rewriting the function. My guess is you could get away with just removing the GSL_COERCE_DBL wrappers from the code, but it may not match the original QUADPACK results, according to the comments in qag.c.

Patrick

My guess is that gcc -DHAVE_EXTENDED_PRECISION_REGISTERS ... would define the pre-process variable, if that's what you want. If you do nothing then the variable is not defined. More to the point:

#if HAVE_EXTENDED_PRECISION_REGISTERS
#define GSL_COERCE_DBL(x) (gsl_coerce_double(x))  // used with gcc
--DHAVE_EXTENDED_PRECISION_REGISTERS
#else
#define GSL_COERCE_DBL(x) (x)  // used without defining the variable
#endif

Hope this helps
art