[Help-gsl] gsl_integration_qawf

From: Richard Hartmann
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl_integration_qawf
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 08:35:44 +0000

Hi

I'm struggling with the numeric Fourier integration, in particular with the error handling of the 'gsl_integration_qawf' routine.

As of the nested integration and if the error handling is default, my test aborts since the inner integration reports a roundoff error. (current Git 3bbe65ad5a07362e82103b311feda55d4355a2fe, qawf.c l. 133)

So far so good, however, if the error handling is off, the outer integration seem to run through. The overall return code is 0, indicating success. Is that intensional?

I tried to answer the question my self, but I could not understand what the 'gsl_integration_qawf' routine was doing.

Secondly and very minor, there is a 'space' missing in the error message at qawo.c l. 104

      GSL_ERROR ("cannot reach tolerance because of roundoff error"
                 "on first attempt", GSL_EROUND);

should be
      GSL_ERROR ("cannot reach tolerance because of roundoff error "
                 "on first attempt", GSL_EROUND);

Thanks for this great library and thanks for you help.
Richard

--
Richard Hartmann
PhD Student