Re: [Help-gsl] test release for GSL 2.4

From: Max Gaspa
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] test release for GSL 2.4
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:33:31 +0200

sisyphus1 wrote

>>Now I am compiling GSL 2.4 (latest commit) using the newer
>> Microsoft Runtime DLL, I hope to fix the failing test during "make
check".

> If that fixes the problem, then I think that would pretty much prove that
the bug is in the MS >runtime.
>So please let me know how that goes.

Yes. Fixed. Linking with msvcrt110 (Visual C++ 2012) instead of using
msvcrt solves the issue. The full "make check" is successful now (using
latest commit)

If you test GSL using  a newer ddl for linking the runtime (I used
msvcrt110).  Please note that the libmoldname110.a should be used (it
should be manually created) as well.

make  check-TESTS
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/test-admin/gsl-2.4/specfunc'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/test-admin/gsl-2.4/specfunc'
PASS: test.exe
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/test-admin/gsl-2.4/specfunc'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/test-admin/gsl-2.4/specfunc'
Testsuite summary for gsl 2.4
# TOTAL: 1
# PASS:  1
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/test-admin/gsl-2.4/specfunc'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/test-admin/gsl-2.4/specfunc'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/test-admin/gsl-2.4/specfunc'
Making check in dht