[Help-gsl] New tool set for native build of GSL on Windows

From: aweatherguy
Subject: [Help-gsl] New tool set for native build of GSL on Windows
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 14:59:31 -0800

In the hope that some may find it useful, I am sharing a new tool set which creates a VS build environment to build GSL native on Windows. There's no Cygwin or mingw -- this is a fully native build.

The package does not include a GSL source distribution. Instead it analyzes and patches the source distribution you provide to create the VS solution.

I've tested it with off-the-shelf GSL sources from 1.8 to 2.3.

All of the test programs are passing in all versions except for a couple in version 2.3. I've checked into the 2.3 test failures (on the GSL bugs mailing list), and have been told they are not really failures -- and will be fixed in next version.

To match GSL, this tool set is licensed under GPLv2.

Here is the URL for the repository:

https://github.com/aweatherguy/GSL-on-Windows

I'm new to GitHub...but I assume that anyone can log an issue against the repo...? If so and you find a problem, log an issue and I'll try to respond.

Cheers,