[Help-gsl] ode version and compilers

From: Gideon Simpson
Subject: [Help-gsl] ode version and compilers
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 08:34:43 -0400

I've been developing some code on a 2011 macbook air that uses the GSL ODE
integrators.  I'm using GSL 1.16 and GCC 4.7.  I then push that code to a
server, where a script runs the code repeatedly.  I'm finding that the server
is 10 times slower, despite it having a faster processor.  One major difference
is that the server only has GCC 4.4.  Is anyone aware of a substantial
performance difference in GSL when it's compiled with different GCC's?

-gideon