Re: [Help-gsl] Possible leak in gsl_multifit_fdfsolver.

From: Frank Reininghaus
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Possible leak in gsl_multifit_fdfsolver.
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 13:45:31 +0200

Hi,

2013/10/6 Eduardo Novaes Hering:
> In the end, when the gsl_multifit_fdfsolver should
> be freed, some trash is left in that address and
> I get the following, intermittent, extremely annoying
> error after I try to leave my data processing functions:
>
>>  malloc: *** error for object 0x100810cc0: incorrect checksum for freed
>> object - object was probably modified after being freed.
>> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
>>
>> Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
>> 0x00007fff88c1ad46 in __kill ()

if you see such a message, the first thing you should do is to analyze
the problem with Valgrind - just install it and prepend the command
you start your program with (including command line arguments) with
"valgrind ", and look at the first error message.

One possible cause of such an error would be that your function "f"
writes to memory that you don't own.

Cheers,
Frank