Re: [Help-gsl] gsl performance

From: Rhys Ulerich
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl performance
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 20:40:56 -0500

> Rhys, I did try to use views. They do not help because the gsl routines
> allocate vectors internally and there is not much that I can do about it...
> except for maybe hacking gsl and changing gsl_vector_alloc myself.

If from hacking around you happen to restructure the API so that a
clean workspace can be allocated for a given problem size and then
passed in to avoid the problematic internal allocations, please pass
along a patch. There's a lot of precedent in the library for having
low-level compute kernels wrapped by convenience methods, and
refactoring a kernel to match that pattern would be most welcome
provided the existing APIs remain unbroken.

- Rhys