Re: [Help-gsl] about GSL and Windows

From: Nicolas Limare
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] about GSL and Windows
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 00:44:52 +0900

Thanks Brian and Rob for your detailed answers. I conclude that GSL on
Windows is absolutely fine and there is no good reason to doubt other
researchers will be able to use it.

By the way, are there some precompiled versons for Windows available
somewhere online and maintained/updated (Gnuwin32 only has gsl 1.8,
from 2006...)

> It would be trivial to add the changes that I make to the GSL source
> code without impacting on its operation on other platforms.

May I ask why these changes are not included in the official sources?
Is it not to give the false impression that MSVC is officially
supported by libgsl?

Thanks again. I thing we will soon add GSL to the list of reliable
software libraries for our journal.

All the best,

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan         http://limare.perso.math.cnrs.fr/