Re: [Help-gsl] GSL1.15: interp.c: 150: ERROR: interpolation error

From: Rhys Ulerich
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] GSL1.15: interp.c: 150: ERROR: interpolation error
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 07:13:15 -0500

>   if (x < interp->xmin || x > interp->xmax)
>     {
>       GSL_ERROR_VAL("interpolation error", GSL_EDOM, GSL_NAN);
>     }

That is exactly the line to which I was referring.  If you are
extrapolating using the interpolation routines (x < xmin || x > xmax),
you get an "interpolation error" from the line in your original bug
report.

The changeset I mentioned was made because accidentally extrapolating
when you meant to interpolate is wildly dangerous.  I suspect your
code has been extrapolating all these years, and it is this recent
defensive fix that now causes it to report an error.

- Rhys