Re: [Help-gsl] Wrong result in vector from gsl_vector_alloc_col_from_mat

From: Stephan Petzchen
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Wrong result in vector from gsl_vector_alloc_col_from_matrix
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 07:50:11 +0100

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply.

Here is my code:

uint coffset=4;

/// 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
/// 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
/// 3 3 3 3 3 3 3
/// 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
gsl_matrix* m=gsl_matrix_calloc(4,7);

for(int i=0;i < m->rows; i++)
for(int j=0;j < m->columns; j++)
m->data[i * m->tda + j]=i+1;

//Expected:
/// x x x x 1 x x
/// x x x x 2 x x
/// x x x x 3 x x
gsl_vector* v = gsl_vector_alloc_col_from_matrix(m,coffset);

/// But GSL gives:
/// x x x x 1 1 1
/// 1 x x x x x x
/// x x x x x x x
/// x x x x x x x
for(int i=0;i < v->size; i++)
Assert.AreEqual(m->data[i * m->tda + coffset],v->data[i]);
gsl_vector_free(v);
gsl_matrix_free(m);

Same issue with: gsl_matrix_column, gsl_matrix_diagonal, so probably my
expectation and/or understanding is wrong.

I appreciate your reply.

best,
Stephan