Re: [Help-gsl] tell multiroot to cut step size?

From: Andrew W. Steiner
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] tell multiroot to cut step size?
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 21:09:48 +0200

Hello James,

     I had this problem as well, and modified the GSL iterate function
for this purpose. My code is in c++, but the structure is very similar
to the original GSL and so may be helpful for you. See line 713 of

http://sourceforge.net/p/o2scl/code/497/tree/trunk/src/root/gsl_mroot_hybrids.h

shrink_step==false is the usual GSL behavior, but when it's true
it automatically halves the step (up to 20 times) in order to avoid
venturing into regions where the function is undefined.

Take care,
Andrew
(http://o2scl.sourceforge.net)