[Help-gsl] tell multiroot to cut step size?

From: James Strother
Subject: [Help-gsl] tell multiroot to cut step size?
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 14:38:31 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to use the multiroot solver for a small scientific
program, but I having a little trouble.  The function I would like to
solve is only well-defined for positive inputs, but the solver is
taking sufficiently large steps that it is producing negative inputs.
It seems like I should be able to return an error code to indicate to
the solver that the step was too large, and that it should cut the
step length and re-try.  I couldn't find something like this
documented, did I just miss it or is there another way to go about
this?

Thanks,
  James