[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Help-gsl] Building gsl-1.15 under MinGW

From: Richard Haney
Subject: [Help-gsl] Building gsl-1.15 under MinGW
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:24:03 -0700 (PDT)

I have a similar problem to one described in the archives, and I have more 
information about the problem.
This relates to a thread labeled:
Re: [Help-gsl] Building gsl-1.15 under MinGW
and can be found by searching the archives for 'HAVE_IEEE_COMPARISONS'.
The problem appears to be a failure of configure to modify the config.h file 
(essentially copied from with updated macro definitions even 
though configure seems otherwise to complete testing and running successfully.
I tried to build gsl-1.15 using cygwin bash for my command-line processor and 
gcc.exe (tdm64-1) 4.6.1, but the header files subdirectory gsl all had nothing 
but "!<symlink>ÿþ."
Evidently, the cygwin package was failing to handle symbolic links properly.
My command line for configure was
./configure CFLAGS="-g -O2 -march=native -fexceptions" 
--prefix=/c/gsl-1.15_64_-g_O2 &> gsl-1.15_configure.out
So I installed MinGW with MSYS, and started with a fresh gsl-1.15 source 
I ran configure again, but this time using the MSYS command processor, and this 
time I encountered the problem with the bad, non-updated config.h file 
described in the above mentioned thread.  But it turns out that the config.h 
file created under cygwin appeared to be fully populated with a variety of 
macro definitions, including the definition "#define HAVE_IEEE_COMPARISONS 1".
I copied this apparently good config.h to my gsl-1.15 build directory in place 
of the bad config.h, and everything ran fine from then on, including the "make 
test" and "make install".

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]