[Help-gsl] retrieving the (cumulative) probability at a specific coordin

From: Bas Jansen
Subject: [Help-gsl] retrieving the (cumulative) probability at a specific coordinate from the gsl_histogram_pdf struct
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 12:25:52 +0200

Hi,

I am still working on my KS test code using as much of the GSL as I can (hoping to pass the code out to whoever would be interested once done) but I am struggling with the following:

I have two PDF's with different amount of bins and for the KS test I need to get the distance between both PDF's at specific coordinates (let's say that the bins contain a variable of type float). I was hoping to be able to for instance loop over all the bins, retrieve the lowest float value in any bin and somehow calculate the probability at that float value from the other PDF.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the pdf struct in the GSL?

Thanks in advance,
Bas Jansen