[Help-gsl] Multiple precision GSL?

From: PAU ROLDAN
Subject: [Help-gsl] Multiple precision GSL?
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:52:59 +0200

Hi,

are you aware of any multiple-precision implementation of the GSL library,
or
something close to it? I have been browsing the web but nothing seems to be
available.

The MPFR website is listing

   "The MPGSL (Multiple Precision GSL), a collection of routines for
numerical
   computing. This is a partial rewrite of the GSL using MPFR, by Marco
Maggi."

but this project seems to be dead.

The closest thing I found is the mpmath python library
http://code.google.com/p/mpmath/

In particular, I would like to port some of my (double-precision) code using
numerical integration, ODE, and root-finding GSL routines into
multiple-precision.

I guess I could try to port the GSL routines myself (I'm just using a
handful
of them), but I am trying to avoid re-inventing the wheel, plus it is
probably not a trivial task.

Thanks a lot in advance.