Re: [Help-gsl] 64-bit GSL for Windows 64-bit system

From: Sisyphus
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] 64-bit GSL for Windows 64-bit system
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 17:55:26 +1000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lei Shang" <address@hidden>
To: "Feng Chen" <address@hidden>
Cc: "help-gsl" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 5:24 PM

Thanks. I have tried Cygwin and it works to compile 64-bit GSL library for
Windows.
But the problem is the generated GSL library only works for Cygwin. What I
need is a 64-bit library (libgsl.dll) working for Matlab MEX.
Any ideas?

Do you have the msys shell ?
If so, it's essentially the same as building for Cygwin - something like:

./configure --disable-static --enable-shared --prefix=C:/destination

Msys is freely available if you don't already have it.

I use the msys shell that shipped with my 32-bit MinGW download (mingw-get-inst-20110802.exe). It's just a matter of altering the msys shell's path so that it finds the 64-bit compiler instead of the 32-bit one. (It builds gsl fine for me.)

I believe you could also use Cygwin to cross-compile for 64-bit Windows - but it's something I haven't done. (You could ask for details about that on the Cygwin mailing list if you wanted to go down that path.)

See how you go, and ket us know if you require additional help.

Cheers,
Rob