Re: [Help-gsl] GSL in a microcontroller

From: Sam Mason
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] GSL in a microcontroller
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:56:58 +0100

Hi Jorge,

Writing code for a microcontroller is very different from writing code
for a personal computer; finding a microcontroller with a floating
point unit is going to be a struggle, maybe your problem is better
suited to a DSP?

I'd have a look through one of the many tutorials on programming
microcontrollers before going too far.  You need to know quite a bit
about the performance characteristics of your code, both space and
time, before investing too much.  Also power requirements and
production volume should come into it; microcontrollers are efficient,
but bigger batteries may be cheaper in the long run rather than
investing a lot of time in developing something that you're only
making a few of.

Then again, if you're doing it for fun, it's a good challenge and will
teach you a lot!

  Sam