[Help-gsl] Fitting Examples : data generation program output identical e

From: Bryan Lepore
Subject: [Help-gsl] Fitting Examples : data generation program output identical every time
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:13:28 -0400

[ gsl 1.15 ]
[ g++ 4.4.5 ]
[ Ubuntu 10.0 ]

The output of the sample data generator program in the Least Squares
Fitting example section gives me the same data every time I run it,
though it is different from the snippet on the help page. IIUC it
should create "set of points with gaussian errors from the curve y =
e^x in the region 0 < x < 2".

I assume I have compiled correctly, and I have no typos in the script.
Any suggestions to understand this appreciated.

-Bryan

ref:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Fitting-Examples.html