[Help-gsl] Help with linking / loading libraries on Ubuntu 10.10

From: Randall Morgan
Subject: [Help-gsl] Help with linking / loading libraries on Ubuntu 10.10
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:12:15 -0800

Hi,

I am new to gsl and fairly new to Ubuntu and Linux in general. I am trying
to wrap the library for use in Gambas a C component. My component compiles
without error if I comment out my function that uses the
gsl_poly_complex_eval() function call. If I leave this call in I get an
error telling me the 1. I am attempting to assign an int to a gsl_complex,
and 2. The gsl_poly_complex_eval function is undefined.

I tried writing a simple C program to use this function (a few other gsl
functions) and find that I can use other gsl function fine but cannot use
the gsl_poly_complex_eval. Again, in the C program I get a
gsl_poly_complex_eval() undefined symbol error.

I then tried compiling the library from gsl-1.9 code and adding the
usr/local/lib directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This did not fix the issue.

Can anyone tell me how to diagnose this issue? What should I check/try
next?  Is gsl-1.9 the latest version?

Thank you for you help in this matter.

Randy

--
If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will