[Help-gsl] 32-bit vs 64-bit issues

From: Nishant Mittal
Subject: [Help-gsl] 32-bit vs 64-bit issues
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 07:13:07 -0800

HI,

I am using gsl library version 1.15 and getting different result when running
the same program on 32 bit and 64 bit machine.

Header files being used are,

gsl_multimin.h
gsl_ieee_utils.h
gsl_blas.h
gsl_errno.h
gsl_math.h
gsl_min.h

I am using the multidimensional minimizer algorithm,
gsl_multimin_fminimizer_nmsimplex2 with 5 parameters and initial step size of
0.12.
The function then iterates to find the minimum with the test size of 1e-3,
gsl_multimin_test_size (size, 1e-3).
I compiled the code as, g++ -lgsl -lgslcblas min_simplex.cpp

This program compile and runs fine on a 32 bit machine, but when I compiled and
run the same program on 64 bit machine, it gives very different (incorrect)
result.

What could be the reason for this, or do I have to  use some different library
for 64 bit machine.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nishant Mittal