[Help-gsl] Lambda functions, member functions, and C++

From: Andrew W. Steiner
Subject: [Help-gsl] Lambda functions, member functions, and C++
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:02:58 -0700

Hello all,

     Does anyone know if the lambda function support in
gcc 4.5 and later might allow one to create a lambda function
from a member function in C++ and then pass that lambda
function as a C-style to a GSL function pointer? One of the
reasons I originally created my C++ library, O2scl [1],
based in part on GSL, was because it was very difficult
to use GSL with member functions [2]. However, I was
wondering if the new lambda function support in gcc might
alleviate that problem.

Take care,
Andrew
[1] http://o2scl.sourceforge.net