Re: [Help-gsl] Possible bug in gsl_odeiv2_step_bsimp

From: Tuomo Keskitalo
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Possible bug in gsl_odeiv2_step_bsimp
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 12:49:26 +0300

Hello,

On 10/15/2011 03:58 AM, ali franco wrote:

I pass this parameter and the Jacobian to gsl_odeiv2_system and every thing
works fine the first time around. But if I immediately call the solver again
the integration fails.

Please make a small program that demonstrates the problem and send it to the list. Otherwise it's hard to say what the problem is.

Can someone please say something about which is the preffered stiff solver?
bsimp or msbdf?

Generally speaking, the efficiency of one stepper over the others can depend on the case, so it is hard to give any general advice. If the system you are trying to solve imposes no constraints on the selection of the stepper, then you can test each stepper and see what is most efficient in your case.

BR,
Tuomo

--
address@hidden