[Help-gsl] reading character matrices

From: Cong Li
Subject: [Help-gsl] reading character matrices
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:24:26 -0400

Hi all,

Help! I have some problem reading in a character matrix from a text file using
the 'gsl_matrix_char_fscanf' function.

I preallocated a 10000 by 2 character matrix using 'gsl_matrix_char_calloc' and
tried to read a text file which has 10000 rows and 2 columns. It looks like
below:

A G
G T
C G
A A

However, I always got this error:

gsl: fprintf_source.c:164: ERROR: fscanf failed
Default GSL error handler invoked.

I did the similar thing on a numeric matrix (of course, I used gsl_matrix
instead of gsl_matrix_char), which works totally fine. But it just won't work
on a character matrix.

Has anybody met this problem before? Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Cong Li