Re: [Help-gsl] Building gsl-1.15 under MinGW

From: Sisyphus
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Building gsl-1.15 under MinGW
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 14:23:17 +1000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Armin Armbruster" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:57 AM
Subject: [Help-gsl] Building gsl-1.15 under MinGW

Hi all,

I'm trying to build gsl-1.15 under MinGW and are having some problems.
I was following the instructions from INSTALL.
After running ./configure and make the compiler stops at infnan.c with the following error message:

infnan.c:98:3: error: #error "cannot define gsl_finite without HAVE_DECL_FINITE or HAVE_IEEE_COMPARISONS" infnan.c:115:3: error: #error "cannot define gsl_isnan without HAVE_DECL_ISNAN or HAVE_IEEE_COMPARISONS"

Rather strange. When I build with MinGW (gcc-3.4.5) in my msys shell, there's no problem.

A diff on our configure outputs is attached (the '-' is what the OP had, the '+' is what I had). Perhaps that rings a bell for someone here .... doesn't ring any bells for me, but :-)

Perhaps of more siginificance is the contents of (the generated) gsl-1.15/config.h. You should be able to find the following line in that file:

#define HAVE_DECL_FINITE 1

And you should also be able to find this line:

#define HAVE_IEEE_COMPARISONS 1

Does your gsl-1.15/config.h contain those lines ? (Your configure output suggests that you should at least have the first.)

What does 'gcc -v' output for you ?

Cheers,
Rob