[Help-gsl] Errors when compiling under Cygwin

From: Smith, Herb
Subject: [Help-gsl] Errors when compiling under Cygwin
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:04:37 -0500

I'm new to gsl and trying to compile under Cygwin on a PC with windows XP.

I tried to run configure and I got an error on line 16 and line 31.  Line 16 is
a blank line but it was complaining about a \r character and on 31 it was
complaining about the double semicolon.
I deleted the blank line and the line with the double semicolon and now it's
complaining aobut line 45 with the double ampersand (&&).  Line 45 is a
continuation line, so it is starting to feel like there are some problems with
the line terminators in Cygwin.

Has anyone addressed this issue and is there a way around the problem?

Thanks,

Herb

Herb Smith Jr.  PhD, PE
Technical Fellow