Re: [Help-gsl] 2D Fourier transform

From: Alejandro Cámara Iglesias
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] 2D Fourier transform
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:20:34 +0200

Hi,

You should apply the 1D FFT for the columns and rows of the matrix. I can
only give you an example code from a previous work (no longer actively
developed):
http://code.google.com/p/gico-lib/source/browse/src/fft.c?r=6a628e7c666b6051647d8cb69f8d9707c66ff96d

In particular, the function gico_fft_matrix() perform the 1D FFT to rows or
columns on a given matrix. You could generate a similar function which
performs the FFT on both columns and rows. There are plently of comments, so
I guess the code should be clear (which does not mean it will be optimal or
even correct :-( ).

Good luck!

*Alejandro Cámara*
PhD Student of the GICO <http://www.ucm.es/info/giboucm/>