Re: [Help-gsl] Help with "make check" failures

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Help with "make check" failures
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:29:15 +0000

At Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:09:29 -0700, David Gunter wrote:

> I am trying to build GSL 1.14 for our Cray XE system using the Cray
> compilers. The build completes but some checks fail. I would like to
> know how critical these failures are. For example, the backward diff
> functions seem to be deprecated so I'm not worried about them.

Hi

Since all the failures seem to involve very large arguments, my guess
would be that they are not critical.

There should be output showing the actual numerical difference for the
special functions - I'd suggest taking a look at that.  When a
different compiler is used the differences are sometimes just outside
the tolerance and can be neglected.

--
Brian Gough
(GSL Maintainer)